- 1 large red onion
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. garlic puree, approx. 2 cloves
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- BBQ sauce or Sriracha mayo for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the grill to 375°F, preparing to use indirect heat.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic puree and balsamic vinegar.
- Cut the top off your onion, then, if necessary, cut a little off the root end of the onion so that it will sit flat. Carefully remove the skin.
- Use chopsticks to prevent you from cutting all the way through the onion and cut it into 8ths.
- Gently spread the onion sections apart so that the butter can penetrate each petal, but don't try to make the onion bloom, it will do that on its own when you put it on the grill. Spoon the butter mixture over the top of the onion.
- Gently place the Bloomin' Onion on the grill and BBQ for about 20 minutes using indirect heat.
- Once the onion is cooked and soft, use a large spatula to gently move the Bloomin' Onion to a serving plate. Serve with a delicious steak or with delicious dips as an appetizer.