- 1 1/2 lb flank steak
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp Asian chili sauce
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- Rinse and pat dry the flank steak. Score the meat lightly in a 2" diamond pattern, to allow the flavour of the marinade to penetrate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a heavy resealable Ziploc bag. Place meat in the marinade and cover, or seal and marinate in the refrigerator 6 hours or overnight, turning 2 - 3 times.
- Preheat the barbecue on HIGH, and brush the grids with oil to prevent sticking. Place the flank steak on hot grids, and reduce heat to MEDIUM. Grill approximately 5 minutes per side for medium. Allow the steak to rest for 3 - 5 minutes before carving.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small heavy saucepan and bring to a boil on the side burner and cook for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Carve the steak into thin slices on the diagonal, against the grain. Drizzle the cooked marinade over the meat.