Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites With Maple Mustard Glaze
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 package of regular cut bacon
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. Dijon or spicy mustard
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- Preheat the grill to 425°F. Prepare for indirect grilling. If you're concerned about the bacon dripping, place a drip tray under the grids where the bites will be sitting.
- Slice the chicken thighs into 2-inch wide strips. Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Wrap each chicken bite with half a slice of bacon, or a whole one if you need more.
- In a small dish, combine the maple syrup, Dijon mustard, and lime juice.
- Place the bites on the grill, seam side down, over indirect heat. Brush the tops of each bite with the maple syrup mixture. Close the lid and let them cook for 10 minutes.
- Flip the bacon bites and brush them again with the maple mixture. Allow them to cook an additional 10 minutes.
- When the bacon bites are done, they should look shiny and glazed with some crispy bits. Keep brushing and flipping until they're done.
- Serve hot with blue cheese dip, ranch, or even more maple syrup. Don't forget some drinks.
- Tags: Poultry
- Cameron Mitchell