- 2 pounds sweet potatoes all of similar size and shape
- 1/2 cup orange juice - pulp free
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat your grill to 425°F. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork and then place on the grill's warming rack to cook until mostly soft - about 30 minutes. Remove from the grill.
- While the potatoes are cooling a little, combine the orange juice, 1/4 cup butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and rum in a saucepan, bringing the mixture to a simmer until eveything is well combined - do not allow it to thicken.
- Peel your sweet potatoes and slice into 2-inch thick rounds, discarding the pointy ends.
- Melt 1-tbsp. butter in a deep-sided cast-iron skillet; add the sweet potatoes, cooking until the bottoms have browned - 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the sweet potatoes over and then pour the rum mixture over top.
- Place the cast iron skillet on the grill and finish baking using indirect heat for about 30 minutes. Serve with your favorite meals and top with thickened sauce.