- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 325°F/177°C.
- To make the pound cake, in a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, with the mixer on low. Blend until the eggs are completely incorporated. Mix the flour, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. With the mixer on low, add the yogurt and the flour mixture, alternately, until both are completely incorporated. Add the vanilla and continue mixing for 1 second.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and place on the cooking grid. Close the lid of the EGG and bake for 1 hour, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- To assemble, place a slice of cake on each plate. Top with the macerated strawberries and raspberries, spoon the coulis over the berries, and top with the whipped cream.
Strawberry-Raspberry Coulis Ingredients:
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
Strawberry-Raspberry Coulis Instructions:
- To make the coulis, using a small paring knife, quarter the strawberries and place them in a small bowl with the raspberries. Add the sugar and lemon juice. Using a spoon, toss the strawberries and raspberries in the sugar. Place half of the strawberries and raspberries in the bowl of a blender or food processor fitted with the steel blade and refrigerate the other half. Puree the berries in the blender for 3 minutes on high. Strain the coulis into a small bowl.
Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whipped Cream Instructions:
- To make the whipped cream, using a whisk or electric mixer, beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.